Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Obscure Movie with Pug in It


Name of movie: Honey

Main character:
Jessica Alba.
She's got a Pug in the movie, and two in real life: Sid & Nancy!

Main character's role:
plays Honey Daniels, a 22-year-old dancer/choreographer of hip/hop music.

Nice Surprise:
Honey is chaste, really sweet, and not a s_ut. So refreshing!

Additional 'surprise':
Missy Elliot makes an appearance or two. I love her.

Plot:
Honey lives in NYC in a part of town where conditions are harsh. It’s a ‘gets wish, gets wish taken away, decides to want a different wish’ story.

There are people selling drugs in the movie, but clearly they are the bad guys, the people not to be like.

You definitely could watch this with your kids. I enjoyed it with my Pug on my lap.

Result: I had never heard of it before, but I'm glad I gave it a chance.

Alba's a sweet character and the Pug & Missy E. made it all worthwhile for me.

It is recommended by Tart.

No comments: