Saturday, September 8, 2007

Making $Money$ (& My Soul's Intact!)

Yes. It has been about a week since I've posted anything. I have been feeling better. That means after a scary week or more of being Not so good, I did go see the PDoc and he upped some of my meds. And I stand here, before God and everybody, and wholeheartedly admit that it has made a difference. I really do feel better. I guess you can tell because I am not raging and angry at everything. That apparently is the other side of me.:)

**********

Anyway, I actually accomplished something this weekend, and heck, the weekend's not even over! I read the paper on Wednesday that gets thrown at my house even though we don't subscribe (interestingly, it's printed by the same people I used to work for. I took great pleasure in seeing the turnover rate: new publisher & editor. I don't feel like such a freak for leaving after 2 stressful years AFTER all!)

I noticed that there was a community yard sale going on and I called and got my spot (yes, that was a little bit of $. This was good, because we joked we might not make up our inital investment -hah!). I was rather comatose on Friday and didn't start getting much done til the evening, so I was up til 4 a.m. getting all the stuff sorted and into the car. The thing started at 8 a.m. which I assure you, is vampirically early for moi, but I managed even with 2 hours of sleep. If it's fishing or something I really want to do, I don't need sleep.

We made $47 in profit. More than likely, we would have dropped those things off for free, but REALLY more than likely all those things would have languished in my house for years. So, a lot more was accomplished than 'silly' ol money. :) I started something, I followed through, with a tasty end result. It was a good day. And I got a sunburn and less junk in my house to prove it. ;)

No comments: