Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Sweet George is a hero - for the love of a child.

The next is a direct article off of the Yahoo 'Odd stories' network. I think its a *spoiler*, because it upset me and is a lot like 'Old Yeller.'


Tiny terrier dies after saving 5 kids
35 minutes ago (As of 12:23 a.m. May 2, 2007)
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - A plucky foot-high Jack Russell terrier named George saved five New Zealand children from two marauding pitbulls, but was so severely mauled in the fight he had to be destroyed, his owner said Wednesday.
George was playing with the group of children as they returned home from buying sweets at a neighborhood shop in the small North Island town of Manaia last Sunday when the two pitbulls appeared and lunged toward them, his owner Allan Gay said.
"George was brave — he took them on and he's not even a foot high," Gay told The Associated Press. "He jumped in on them, he tried to keep them off.
"If it wasn't for George, those kids would have copped it."
One of the children, Richard Rosewarne, 11, was quoted in the Taranaki Daily News on Wednesday as saying George fought with the pitbulls to keep them off his four-year-old brother, Darryl.
"George tried to protect us by barking and rushing at them, but they started to bite him — one on the head and the other on the back," Rosewarne said. "We ran off crying and some people saw what was happening and rescued George."
But George, aged 9, was so badly mauled that a veterinarian had to put him down, Gay said.
"The two pitbulls ripped the skin from his throat and chest and down his back," he said, adding the tough little terrier also "had a bad heart condition."
Gay said the pitbulls' owner had surrendered the pair to dog control officers, and demanded they be destroyed, claiming they had launched unprovoked attacks previously.
South Taranaki District Council official Graham Young said the two dogs had been impounded, and likely would be destroyed because of the attack.
In New Zealand, owners of dogs judged to be too aggressive can be required to have them neutered and dogs involved in attacks are destroyed.

Why is it I hear of 'marauding pit bulls' in my own area (just a few years ago my friend's cat had to be put to sleep because her leg was mangled by....PIT BULLs!) and not maurading German Shepards (just as potentially dangerous, no?) or any other breed of marauding dog?

Well, we've had more than that incident with my friend's cat. We had an elderly woman KILLED along with her sweet little white muffin-faced dog. The owner of those dogs (yup, you guessed it, Pit bulls) is IN JAIL for that one. I guess it's cause they didn't want to waste a euthanasia shot on the owner. Ooooooh, yer goin straight to Hell fer that one!! Her lawyer said, 'Alright, this is insane now. This woman has suffered enough,' referring to said owner of pit bull! No, irresponsiblity kills, bitch got to pay, I hope/wish she is still rotting in jail.

In case I have to spell it out, what I see is the most irresponsible dumb asses gotta look cool and own a 'bad ass' dog. Irresponsible because no dog becomes an evil cur nor a roving maniac if you feed it right, if you love it, if you treat it the way a dog should be kept. Dumb ass because how many times will this be said before people will leave the big dogs alone. Go play Playstation, get a hobbie, get good at something, get a life!but don't involve an innocent animal in it.

Oh, and the thought of the cruelty that people perform on animals - there's almost no words. It should be a criminal offense with SEVERE penalties to do these things. It makes me sick.

There's a show called 'Animal Precinct' on Animal Planet. I can't watch it. I don't want to know what these wretched people did. What chicken shits: if you're going to have the show they should make them show their face, embarrass them in front of the whole country. They talk about naming names in prostitute cases (putting names in the newspaper in a test program worked wonders for curbing second offenses), we all agree sex-offenders should register, we need accountability for people who abuse animals. I know these people probably have anger issues, and embarrassing them just makes it worse, but grow up. Wanh wanh - none of us are children anymore and your anger's not getting you off the hook.
*spoiler*
I have to say one of the scariest things is to see a kid who openly abuses/mutilates animals. I think we all know the stories of this kind of behavior may lead not only to continuing with animals but with people. So this ought to be taken seriously.

I could not help thinking of my sweet Emma dog-Emma dog concerning this story about George who was just destroyed by these dogs. I no longer walk my precious puggy girl in our neighborhood. The last few times I did, I almost always was followed home by some dog. I have had to hold dogs and get animal control to come cause I don't know where the animal's dumb ass owners are. The pit bulls that tore my friends cat were just a few blocks away from me at the time, which is something to think about as well.

You can't imagine the loss, sadness and anger I would feel if something happened to my Baby, she may be four-legged but that's a ruse. She's just so important to me, if someone hurt her I might end up in jail, if I didn't think the dumb ass people got their just judicial desserts, savvy? Don't mess with a bipolar woman and her adorable dog (whose admittedly prementrual no less - HOOO-Eey!!). I've had all the messing with in life that a person should EVER have, so I would not test me.

DON'T let your dog out to pee by letting it roam all over the neighborhood cause you let it out the front door. I'm amazed by the people who use this as an excuse when there's an altercation or problem concerning there animal. Mean well? You'd get at least a ticket for it in my County.

Ever heard of a leash and getting your lazy ass off the couch? If you won't provide a backyard for your beast, uh its the only other way!!! So you don't even care about Your Pet being hurt by Someone Else's pet? I can only think 'pure stupidity,' - uh is that just Another Phrase for irresponsibility? Um..yes.

DON'T take your anger out on your pet. Control your damn self. One should always think of hurting themselves before hurting children or animals. Hopefully you find it distasteful to do so as you selfishly realize you don't like being hurt either. Those of you who follow thru with my suggestion need to be safely tucked in the nut house because you really are a danger to self or others. And we all are just a little more than tired of that one. :)

1 comment:

Raine said...

what a great dog george was. We have always cared for our dogs responsibly.