Thursday, December 21, 2006

Merry Christmas to all!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I heard the bells on Christmas Day,
their old familiar carols play;
and wild and sweet
the words repeat,
of Peace on Earth,
Good Will to men.

I thought, as now this day had come,
the belfries of all Christendom,
had rung so long
the unbroken song
of Peace on Earth,
Good Will to men.

And in despair, I bowed my head,
"There is no peace on Earth," I said,
"For hate is strong and mocks the song
of Peace on Earth, Good Will to men."

Then pealed the bells more loud and deep,
"God is not dead, nor doth He sleep,
the wrong shall fail,
the right prevail,
with Peace on Earth,
Good Will to men."

Words by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, with music copyrighted in 1956 and 1975.

I am quite sure that Mr. Longfellow lived a while ago, yet I actually cried when I discovered what the second verse is, as how true to how I feel many times, yet the truth is right there: despite hate and the mocking of songs of love, God is not dead, nor does He sleep. Have a beautiful Christmas.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It was the greatest love, the greatest gift of all, and it came wrapped in swaddling clothes in a manger, and it's the best gift we remember Every Year. Tart wishes all: love in their heart, yes, I have some too, and a joyous Christmas. :)

5 comments:

Tracy said...

I did not know about the second verse either. Thank you for sharing.

The reason Christmas is so very special to me is all about Love. The most precious love of all is from Jesus. Gifts are nice yes, and do not get me wrong I love getting them, but in truth there is only one gift I really cherish and that is the gift of love. I hope you have a really blessed Christmas Tart full of the love of not only Jesus, but from your family and friends.

Merry Christmas!

'Tart said...

Thank you, mysti!!! I am very sure you will have a very Merry Christmas! You exude that love everyday! I am so glad to know you! Blessed Christmas, to you and your family and friends! :)
Yours,
Tart

Raine said...

Merry Christmas to you too Tart- I hope you had a good one

Tracy said...

I miss chatting with you! I hope your Christmas has been a wonderful one. Know that I am thinking of ya.

'Tart said...

just so future blog-lookers know, the photos are messed up because I deleted them out of my Photobucket account, completely forgeting that they needed to stay there to be linked to this. They were pics of churches, cathedrals, etcs(which come to think of it, took me forever to find and gather!). Doesn't it figure the one time you think you're 'cleaning' you're throwing out important stuff? That's my life let me tell you. Well, anyway its NOT due to some weird censorship thing ! :) And I just wanted to note that.