Monday, March 23, 2009

I'm doing the baking thing again!:)

I couldn't decide if I should put this on 'Adventures' or 'The Good Stuff' but since 'Adventures' chronicles my life more closely, I will spread the news on here.

I am doing the baking project again!

This is a six-month program started by a mental health consumer herself (that means she has a mental illness), who has a young son AND is now taking classes for her second master's degree in college! (Wow! A real go-getter, hunh! And I can still relate to her because she said there was a time when she hardly left her house and she would tell her doctors at doctor appointments that she looked forward to seeing them because it got her out of the house, and they said 'You've got to get a life!' Yeah, I can sooo relate to that.:)

This person running the program also has a heart of gold and is a wonderful role-model to me. She called me last week, and was 'interviewing' me on the phone (because I interviewed and was doing the project for several months before I couldn't take it anymore due to someone REALLY getting on my nerves).

She reminded me that there are always people that are difficult to get along with, especially in the real world (oh don't I know it) to which I assured her that no matter how difficult it got, I wasn't going to quit again (I just couldn't imagine anyone as annoying as the person I left for, seriously). She also told me that the goal of the program is getting a job at the end of the six months.

So I am preparing myself mentally for that, because I am thinking I could work in a grocery store in the baking department. I think that might be cool.

I have no idea what's going on with the Ebay thing with Drop-in, which was supposed to raise money for them and eventually provide me with a job, because they would find some way to pay me for starting and working on the Ebay program for them. It may just be going slowly but I am still doing the baking thing because it is a Wonderful Opportunity and you never know how things are going to go.

1 comment:

Wanda's Wings said...

Wow. That sounds like it would be fun. Baking and decorating is something that looks so cool.