Monday, July 14, 2008

Congratulations on the Jolie-Pitt twins!

I have mixed feelings about the the Jolie-Pitt union. I'll save my thoughts completely on that because it's bound to offend somebody and I'm not into that, although I guess I could be more kind and penitent about it. (that means nice & sorry about my opinions.)

As one of my friends says about himself, 'my totem is the turtle, the king of non-confrontation.' I seem to live my life that way too, for better or worse, and I don't think it's a bad thing. It lead to a good friendship! I also learned impartiality at the newspaper and I try, try to keep it that way. (That's probably a big, 'Hah!')

But the twins and every thing Angelina seem to be fascinating to me. When a beautiful woman and celebrity such as Jolie gets impregnated (and pregnancy fascinates me) and then gives birth to not one but two beautiful babies, well that is a source of 'fascinato' to me, on top of all of it.

I can only hope that they are selling their what is expected to be $20 million dollar picture of the new darlings to 'People' magazine, as this is the only magazine I receive, every week and I read it cover to cover. I love that stuff as blog readers here, know.

If you wonder like I did, No! they are not keeping the money, they are donating it to charity. Don'tcha wish your first baby pic were worth $10 million (per individual)? That could build a couple of houses in New Orleans.:) Give it to (sell to to the) 'People,' Jolie-Pitts!

I almost posted this on my http://www.jungletartsgoodstuff.blogspot.com/ site but it almost sounds too catty to be 'Good Stuff' doesn't it? I don't mean for it to, I meant to just say, Congrats! and perhaps start a discussion about the names that were picked for the tykes. After all, my blogs should come with a 'I try to be 100% honest (or say nothing at all) tag! Only a bipolar could consider this 'good stuff' and 'Tart' at the same time!:)

See here for an interesting article from MSN dissecting the names/monikers picked for the twins. I think it's interesting, as an English major, that there are people specifically in the business of choosing and critiquing names, and that I intrinsically agreed with much that was said.

I would essentially give the boy name 'Knox' a C, and Vivienne Marcheline (to me, a normal sounding girl's name) an A. That's just me. What do you think of 'baby namer's' and their thinking?

2 comments:

Tracy said...

hmmmmm I shall be back to read the article on name choosing. Laughs I always did find picking names for a child hard, yet interesting. If you really think about it, a name is so important! It is the name the child is stuck with forever.... makes me wonder why some pick such silly names for their child....

Hugs

Hopefulsl said...

Hey Tart!
I too agree with my twin(TRACY)-smiles..... Once again we are thinking like twins- hee, hee.
I too will have to go back and take a look at names.
Hugs sent to you, Love Stacy