Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I'm a little verklempt today, so I'll let Oprah speak for me:

Botanical Gardens, Birmingham, Ala., Webshots

If you sign up to Oprah's site, each day she will send you a 'daily thought' something to think about with yer morning coffee as you read your emails. I think that's where this one came from:


"When you die God and the angels will hold you accountable for
all the pleasures you were allowed in life that you denied yourself." --
Anonymous



I know this came from today's Mission Calendar statement, as its called, and I thought they somehow go together.


"Authentic spirituality awakens the soul, reconnects us with
the sacred, and fills us with the passion of life. Spiritual development is
not
about religious rituals and practices; it is about waking up to the
wonder of
life." -- David N. Elkins

Enjoy life and be in the present. Neither of which seem to be really easy to do, if we're reminding ourselves to do it. But that's why we remind.:)

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I love the second quote. Thank you for sharing them both. Living in the present and not in the past is not always easy, but as i am finding out and learning through this class, it is really the only way to have a full walk with God.

Blessings sweet Tart, know you are always in my thoughts and prayers. I will call you soon! Hugs