Monday, April 7, 2008

Some reading I have been doing.

I’ve been reading the Bible with a friend of mine :), and we started with The Gospel According to St. John.

What came out at me was that Jesus, or God, created the Earth yet was unrecognized by it when He came.

The Son of God was unrecognized when he came.

I know we celebrate Christmas, that’s not what I mean. I think it means that when Jesus was grown, and even performing miracles, He was kind of undercover, the World didn’t recognize Who He was and taunted him to the end, if you’ll recall.

As a Christian, I believe He is the Son of God, and came to die for me and any and all that will accept this fact about Him.


He sure had a hard time, as God on this earth.

The other thing was that the Sweetest of All had to endure taunts and sneers, and frankly expected it.

I’m not God, my moments of confusion in that direction are over (my psychoses), I’m a lowly human.


I never thought to type my thoughts on Jesus into the internet winds. I don't know everything about Him and the Bible, but I have recently taken up reading a couple of times a week and I get such a kick out of it, out of the personality of Jesus that I felt no reason not to type about Him. They say you get a lot of flak for talking about religion, but I'm just being honest, as usual, what can I say?:)

I nearly deleted this entire post because it seemed negative and not quite what I wanted to say, but decided instead to try to modify it. The best way to talk about Jesus is talking about compassion, using compassion in my speech while talking about Him, because that is surely one of the main things He is about.

I admit that I was shocked to realize that the whole world did not rise up and throw great joy in Jesus's direction, not even entirely for his birth, not during his life, or as stated in the Bible, his own people.

Yet, He changed everything as far as our standing in the Universe goes, I believe, during our lives and after death, He was compassionate even when treated terribly and He in fact had the strength, so to speak, to stop all the taunts against him. He carries us, the 'weak,' the victims of the world, He is so strong. You can count on it.


Don’t take my word for it, read God’s word in the Bible about it. I’m taking the time to type from my King James Version. It’s in olde English, like true Shakespeare. But you would be surprised that you can understand it anyway.






Starting in The Gospel According to St. John:

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.


5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended
it not. (Tart:God shined in the darkness, and the darkness just didn’t get it)

It talks about John the Baptist who bore witness of the Light (Jesus)
but was not the Light itself. And then specifically of the Light, Jesus:

9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the
world.
10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world
knew him not.
11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God,
even to them that believe on his name.
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor
of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
14 And the
Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us (and we beheld his glory, the glory as
of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.


When I read the Bible on other people’s blogs it makes me want to read it for myself. That stuff can change your life, if not quietly and slowly. There is a lot of joy to be found there. Try it for yourself.





*Thanks to Mysti for hooking me on reading this 'Great Book' and for our times where she read hers to me and used her NIV version to help translate ye olde English version (with a little vice versa, I think:).:):):)*

5 comments:

Tracy said...

I have enjoyed reading and sharing Gods word together Tart. We both are learning when we do this. When two or more come together in his name it is a powerful thing indeed.

When reading your post this came to my mind. I would love to share it with you. Its just one verse, but it speaks volumes.

John 8:32 : And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

( being in God's word allows us to hear his truth. To know it, and be able to receive it.) How awesome and freeing that is!

Strangely enough one of the books i am reading for this class is also on offense. How to deal when offense comes against you. When one taunts, or upsets you, how to guard oneself against such offense. :) I will have to share what i learn as i am learning myself.

Thank you for your wonderfully courageous post. I am blessed to have such a wonderful friend as you.

I have lots more to share, but it would take a whole post to do so! lol so will continue telling you my thoughts later.

Blessings!

'Tart said...

Yeah, calling this what I called it and calling God a 'diety' is not so much what I meant or the negativity involved with the heading, etc. The part I like best is the actual biblical words, because they speak for themself.

I surely don't know everything, and you are right, as you read you learn so much, and each little reading and explanation (by somebody else, NOT ME) you learn more and more.

I have never been prepared to be a teacher so even if I can translate a little olde English that doesn't make me one, I don't want others thinking I thought that.

I was just overwhelmed with the thought that Jesus was not noticed by the very world that He created.

Tart

'Tart said...

However, Jesus has great things for those that do receive him, clearly at the end of that verse.:)

Tracy said...

Great post my friend! Its not easy to talk about Jesus on a blog. You did a wonderful job!

Hugs and blessings

JC said...

I think it's awesome you were able to share about Jesus on your blog. I used to feel so passionate about God every day and it was part of my old blogging life. Now, i'm just hoping that passion rolls back in. The belief and heart for him is within me... i think i just need at bit more oxygen, somehow, to liven this flame.

PS- thanks for visiting my blog. your comments were encouraging and i hope to see you again :)