Saturday, April 28, 2007

DW - Dear World (whut thu?!)

Today I kissed my DP (Dear Pug) and rolled over to push my DC (Dear Cat) off me, as I woke up this morning.

If you think it sounds retarded to have acronyms for my dear Cats and Dogs perhaps you’ll have some idea how it feels for me to receive emails from FLYLady, especially concerning some of the testimonials.

It’s not that I hate children, I just don’t have any. So this is just not my life, lifestyle and I can’t help but feel vaguely out of the loop when I’m getting emails about ‘my DD my DS my DH (thank God I have one of those or I would feel sooo left out!!) DEAR GOD – please release me from this clique-ish hell where I must endure hearing about lifestyles that don’t reflect my own, that seem to vaguely judge me (except part of that life is never really saying what you think), which further make me like I’m descending into a hole.

Do these women ever stop to think that no one but them cares to make up or babble about these subjects exept them? Ask thyself the sincere question: do men do this? Do Iranians do this? What about Italians? For that matter, the Hispanic person trying to live secretively next door to you? Do you know that you, DSnively woman, live in one of the most egocentric little worlds on the planet (this specific bizarre that you create and must feel safe in)? Do you have a clue what's going on elsewhere or even in your same town, if it didn't match to a tee your present understanding?

The real key to this is if you think you are made to feel like you can’t say anything. Apparently, I have not fallen into that in blog land, but I admit I don't proselytize in the real world as I should. I have had peevish, well meaning people give me the ‘I adore children’ speech and look at me as thought I were silly to ‘adore animals.’ Yes, I understand the term ‘furbaby,’ and I give a crap about how you feel about my babies as I pretty much care about yours. What are you going to do about it? Come out of your own selfish world to check out mine? Yeah, I didn’t think so.

I’ve written the posts explaining the stupidity of others concerning children, as if I could explain it. I simply note the behavior, it speaks for itself. So I don’t need to do that again.

I thought of taking the time to write a poem for all the furbaby lovers out there. All those sad, pathetic women that either can’t or won’t use their womb to further the human race. It just figures I live in a world that values person motherhood so much. It just figures I live in a crappy world as this. Sometimes you just gotta ignore it, do what you know is right, do your own thing and if you end up sinking lower and lower into a cave where no one even bothers anymore to be your friend or talk to you, so damn be it.

No comments: