Tuesday, May 6, 2008

That didn't get past Me.

I know that there has been a lot of brouhaha of late about Oprah and her spirituality and whatnot.

I’m not going to address that, except to say that I haven’t been feeling like watching Oprah of late and I’m not in the slightest interested in her ‘New Age’ fascination with eckard toll or whatever.

I did however catch today’s interview with Barbara Walter’s as sitting duck, I mean interviewee. And I noticed the joy that Oprah had at making Baba nearly cry talking about her retarded sister and her death.

AND I caught, at the end of the interview, Baba’s very telling remark that she was “too old to interview anymore, because she had become too kind.” And she didn’t blink or apologize for it.

Ouch. Take that, you Strong Woman. Make Baba cry, but she’ll put your fat ass in your place.

Out.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I am proud of you my friend.

hugs

'Tart said...

Thank you, Mysti.:)

In case there is any doubt for others, that comment Barbara W. made was about herself saying, she could no longer do interviews, because with age she had become too kind.

If you consider the kind of grilling Oprah did with her, the joy she took out of making her cry, touting it between commercials ('the one thing that makes Barbara cry') then you get Ms. Walter's point quite clearly.

It used to be that my biggest hope in life was to write THE book, get it in Oprah's book club and be interviewed by her. Not only do I think she's been burned by that (thanks James Frey, you idiot) but authors are no longer good enough to interview unless they coincide with whatever 'spiritual' or personal selfish experience Oprah is having at that time.

Needless to say, my priorities are changing and when Oprah goes off the air with my book still working on production, I won't be sad.

Now, let's not even TALK about her fascination with Scientology and Mr. Cruise. That makes me UTTERLY SICK!

And I'm up at 6:30 today, with a little jaw shake and so prolific. Ah, such is the life of a (medicated) bipolar.