Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving; getting off of Seroquel

I had a good Thanksgiving. Went to the inlaws and MIL cooked the turkey lunch with all the fixin's including mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, a beautiful spinach salad with bacon and strawberries, carrots - lots of good stuff. I brought peanut butter cup cupcakes, I know, I got off extremely easily, but I can't see my MIL letting me cook in her kitchen, even if I knew how to cook a big turkey. That will be for Husband and I to figure out, maybe put it on this rotisserie thing we've got, someday!

My MIL is a good cook and does a fair amount of it and we had lots of leftover turkey. She would mix it with gravy and we could put it on the leftover stuffing or make sandwiches with it out of bread. I also learned how to make lasagna (at least, Her way, which of course, is the way Husband likes it!:) with cottage cheese. I know my Mom used Ricotta, but my MIL says that was a little 'bitter' and everyone liked the cottage cheese just fine. Interesting.

I got to hang around my BIL, and play the drums and sing on 'Rock Band' for the first time. Playing drums is hard, at least it is for me. I am much better on guitar. I sounded terrible singing but received far more 'money' for the singing gigs than guitar. Go figure!

Then there was the shopping. We went to a shop called, 'Steinmart' (seriously, not Walmart) where they would have these incredible discounts on things, even 75% off short sleeve men's shirts and they were quality shirts. I enjoyed myself greatly, spending a little over the $25 allotted for my family 'Secret Santa' as I got two quality articles of clothing for that amount - a white short sleeve shirt that reminds me of bicycle tops (and my Secret Santa person likes to bicycle a lot so it seemed perfect to me) and a very thick, brand name pullover with a half-zipper. I also bought a $5 silk shirt for Husband! That's the kind of bargains I found, or I should say my MIL lead me to, she is so good at finding these things!:)

We did get locked out of the car, but my FIL bailed us out and it was really no big deal, and then had a nice lunch at Quizno's. I think Subway is healthier somehow, but Quizno's prime rib sub sandwich is Yummy!!

I started dancing to a dancing cd yesterday. Exercise is really helpful for mood, that is so obvious to me. I am learning to 'latin dance' and it is fun. I may look ridiculous learning, but nobody's looking!:)

I have also been getting a little more sleep, now that I'm coming off the Seroquel, but it is often a struggle in the middle of the night. I find that I am so tired that I often go to bed early but now wake up in the middle of the night, unable to go back to sleep. I woke up today at 4:30 a.m. and that was it, I've been up ever since.

I used to think I needed tons of sleep. Now I'm thinking why sleep so much. Except that being that being medicated before made sure that I wasn't going to go manic over lack of sleep. Now, I have to be careful and make sure I get enough rest, but at this point I am happy with being off one med!!:)

I hope you had a good Thanksgiving and I look forward to catching up on all 'my' blogs. Have a great day!:)

Tart

3 comments:

Mike Golch said...

we had a good thanks giving all considered.

Tracy said...

I am so glad you had such a nice thanksgiving! I did to more or less. lol will explain on my blog soon. I am exhausted for some reason, and need a few days to get some sleep. So will wait to blog until i am feeling somewhat better. :) i will call you tomorrow, maybe we can catch up on things! Hugsssssss Tart.

Hopefulsl said...

So glad you had a good time with your husbands family. And don't you just love finding bargins like that! I go crazy when i do,LOL.....Anyhow, i just wanted to point something out to you about sleeping. I was told and have read that a person only needs about 6 hours of sleep a day. Really no more than 8 hours, they say the problem with people sleeping longer creates their body's to thinking they need more rest! So the more you sleep the more you feel tired, MAKE SENSE? I know when i sleep a lot more i feel sluggish and sleepier. I don't even take naps, i basically get about 6 to 8 hours a day of sleep. And i seem to do ok with that. But i do have to remind myself that i don't have the illness going on like other people do. With that being said, I'm sure they need more rest. LOL, oh well i was only trying to be helpful, but i think i stuck my foot in my mouth before thinking it through. GIGGLES-MY FRIEND :)
TTYS-Love,Stacy-Brat