Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I am joining NAMI!

I never would have thought to do it, but I am nearly forced to join NAMI (the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill) because I want to do their program 'In Our Own Voices'. You can't do the program without being a member.

I have read the stuff about the program I want to do, and about joining NAMI. You don't necessarily have to back up their particular beliefs/politics. The 'In Your Own Voice' program is supposed to be you telling your story (in about 15 minutes!) and it's meant to be your own unique experience. One should not compare their story to another, as many of us have different journeys.

So I feel like am moving ahead in my process to be more helpful and pioneering in the effort to remove the stigma to mental illness. I may post something on my sideboard about NAMI after doing In Our Voices this weekend.

I hope things are going well in blog land.:)

3 comments:

Mike Golch said...

blogland is good,me personally well not so much.

Wanda's Wings said...

I have heard some good things about NAMI. I have heard they do have some good programs. Looking forward to your report.

'Tart said...

Dear Mike,
I am sorry to hear you are not feeling so well. I will come over to your blog and see if you have posted anything about it.

Wanda:),
Yes, I am getting excited about this weekend. It should be very interesting, at the very least.:) Hope you are well. I will come by your blog too.
:)Tart