Sunday, January 10, 2010

Update.

Our speaking in front of the state legislature went well. It was both nerve wracking (Hello - public speaking!) and empowering. Regardless of what they decide, we did our part and feel better for it.

When we were leaving the auditorium, our Senator, no less, was leaving as well and he turned around to myself and another person from Trillium that had spoke and said, "You did a good job."

Wow!

Then when we left the auditorium, I was walking with a different person from Trillium and a woman came up to us and asked a question about someone that she was concerned about and felt may have mental illness.

We answered as best we could, but the thing that impressed me was that she had respect for us, thought that we might be able to answer her question, and that we were having a dialogue with a complete stranger about someone concerning this subject.

********
I am sick with a cold. I am still obsessing about little things that happened at work yesterday. I am upset that my husband has to go to work all the time even on the weekends although I am grateful that we have a house over our heads, food, etc., I am in short, cranky.

I will still wish a 'Happy Sunday' for all, though. May God bless you and get you through.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad it went well for you. It's so gratifying that someone would show respect to you.